We exist to help people become mentally sound, emotionally balanced, socially adjusted, physically well, and spiritually alive!
- We strive to help men and women recover from substance abuse problems. “Abuse” in this sense means to foster a form of unhealthy dependence on a regular basis.
- We hold strictly to the philosophy that the individual must desperately and sincerely desire to change. Their attitude and actions must remain consistent with this desire.
- Our ministry is based entirely upon the belief that a relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, is the only way to find permanent and lasting freedom.
- Our mentoring and guidance is not psychological or therapeutic in nature, but follows biblical counseling in perspective and application. Neither are we a “drug rehabilitation program”, but a Christian discipleship program specifically structured towards those with life-controlling problems.
- We strive to see men and women become new creations in Jesus Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives. We are non-denominational, of Pentecostal heritage.
- We teach our students to excel in all aspects of life skills and character, as they learn integrity, responsibility, work ethic, self-discipline, structure, values, and morals.
- We prepare our students to re-enter society as productive and valued citizens, followers of Jesus Christ, faithful husbands/wives, dedicated fathers/mothers, outstanding employees, healthy and balanced individuals – completely free of addiction.
Adult and Teen Challenge BC deals with the students’ problems as symptoms that relate to deeper problems and conflicts. Instead of escaping their problems they find, through a new life in Jesus Christ, the changing power that gives them the ability to overcome problems and live a more effective life.
The rebuilding of abused minds and emotions is of key importance. The study of the Bible enhances mental growth by serving as the foundation for the restructuring of broken-down thought patterns, creating new, more stable ways of life. Spiritual guidance with experienced staff members help individuals resolve questions and conflicts that they are facing.
Adult and Teen Challenge BC cares for all of our students’ needs over the course of the year program including shelter, food, clothing, and recreation in a drug-free environment.
Through the benefits of a group living situation, students are encouraged to work out relationship problems to successfully relate to family and peers once they complete the program. Such interaction promotes a strong character of moral fiber, right attitudes and desires.
Adult and Teen Challenge BC uses the curriculum provided by Global Teen Challenge and is specifically designed to teach students more about God and who they are meant to be.
The 12-month program is divided into two stages:
Phase 1 includes group classes, character development, relational guidance, social skills and recreation. To emphasize the educational aspects of the program, Adult and Teen Challenge BC refers to its residents as “students.”
Phase 2 concentrates on academic and vocational advancement. The student is tutored in developing positive attitudes, trustworthiness, concern for others and a strong sense of responsibility.